Mechanical Design Engineer
Delta Search Labs is a research and development company with a focus on the realization of the state-of-the-art technologies and the development of commercial products. The company hosts the best supercomputing facility in the North-East USA and the first full digital immersive visualization environment (CAVE) in the world. It has established strong business and technological relationships with many key industrial partners.
The company is located in MIT Technology Square of Cambridge, Massachusetts. It is using leading-edge supercomputing and advanced visualization capabilities to power research and development into the most demanding problems in design, engineering simulation, biotechnology, materials sciences, etc. Combining in-house engineering and development with scientific investigators from the area's best-known universities, we are accelerating the pace of discovery.
We are looking for a mechanical design engineer to be involved in a wide variety of projects involving prototype developments.
- Conceptual and detail design of varieties of mechanical prototypes involving machined parts.
- Work with diverse team on product packaging and design constraints.
- Produce CAD models (parts and assemblies) from conceptual sketches.
- Produce technical drawings for machining/production.
- Assemble and test prototypes.
- Minimum a Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering with 3 years experience. A Masters degree is a plus.
- Experience in product design, development and prototyping.
- Proficiency in CAD software such as SolidWorks.
- Broad knowledge of commonly available mechanical and electro-mechanical components.
- Self-starter, enthusiastic, dynamic, results-oriented with good interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with data acquisition, LabVIEW, MATLAB is a plus.
- US citizen or permanent resident preferred.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org